Senior Engineer – Platform — NZ (Remote option)
Join us and help improve how organisations engage with their customers in digital channels. Together we’ll challenge old, broken ideas about customer engagement, and introduce a modern, respectful and highly effective new approach.
Senior Engineer – Platform
NZ (Remote option)
Our fast-moving cloud business is looking for a senior engineer to contribute to our web application and cloud platform, in collaboration with other Senior Engineers. This is an opportunity to make a big impact at an exciting time for our company as we look to scale our local and international customer base. You’ll be part of a small, high-performing team, working to scale and enhance our unique product offering.
In this role you’ll provide advice to, and take direction from the Lead Platform Engineer to whom you’ll also report. Day-to-day you’ll mostly:
- Work on new and existing features for our platform and browser application, using Typescript, React, Node.js, Postgres & core AWS services
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of new features
- Fix bugs, write tests, automate pain points, and generally contribute to maintaining the high quality of our software and processes
- Join the on-call roster with the rest of the platform team
- Help coordinate the testing and rollout of new features
- Experience in full-stack web application development, with strong front-end skills
- Experience with Typescript or a similar typed language
- Strong awareness of security and reliability
- Experience working within a modern SDLC framework
- Excellent communication skills
- A collaborative mindset
- Docker or other containerisation tools
- CI/CD pipelines
- Automation and scripting
- Observability and monitoring
Sounds like you? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a supportive, talented and motivated team.
Our team is in New Zealand, Australia and the US, working with customers around the World. We value the flexibility, independence and life-balance of a remote-first culture, but also support you to work from co-working and dedicated offices when that suits you too.
Family time and commitments are important to us, including the need for your work to fit around your family commitments. As a result, we aim to have small shared window of core-hours where everyone is available, with flexibility around that to fit around your family.
You’ll have incredible access to opportunities and exciting challenges when you join our fast-growing team. Atomic will support you, enable you and give you amazing opportunities to learn, progress and grow stronger.