Senior SDK Engineer (Android) — NZ (Remote option)
Join us and help improve how organisations engage with their customers in digital channels. Together we’ll challenge old, broken ideas about customer engagement, and introduce a modern, respectful and highly effective new approach.
Senior SDK Engineer (Android)
NZ (Remote option)
Our fast-moving cloud business is looking for a senior engineer to contribute to the development of our Android SDK, written in Kotlin. This is an opportunity to make a big impact at an exciting time for our company as we look to scale our local and international customer base. You’ll be part of a small team of experienced and highly-skilled engineers.
You will work within our SDK Team, producing and improving product features primarily in our Native Android SDK, with the opportunity to contribute to our other SDKs where appropriate
- Work on new and existing features for our Android SDK, written in Kotlin following Modern Android Practices.
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of new features;
- Fix bugs, write tests, automate pain points, and generally contribute to maintaining the high quality of our software and processes;
- Help coordinate the testing and release of new SDK versions;
- Work with the rest of the SDK team to coordinate feature development across Atomic’s various SDKs
- Respond to questions from the business, and our customers, relating to the functionality of our Android SDK.
- Prior experience with Kotlin and Android SDK
- Prior experience using Web Services & APIs
- Prior experience with testing frameworks such as Junit and Espresso
- Prior experience with Git or similar tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools
- Excellent communication both within teams and with customers, suitable for a remote role
- A collaborative mindset
- Prior experience with MVVM Architecture & Coroutines;
- Familiarity with JetPack Compose;
- Prior experience with React Native, iOS or Web development
- Prior experience customising Gradle scripts;
- Prior experience with Android Library development;
- Prior experience with client-side SDKs, particularly for enterprise customers;
- Prior experience working and communicating in a remote or asynchronous environment.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please email your CV as well as a brief outline of what interests you about the role and working at Atomic to email@example.com. If you’re interested but not quite ready to apply, don’t hesitate to reach out to learn more.
Join a supportive, talented and motivated team.
Our team is in New Zealand, Australia and the US, working with customers around the World. We value the flexibility, independence and life-balance of a remote-first culture, but also support you to work from co-working and dedicated offices when that suits you too.
Family time and commitments are important to us, including the need for your work to fit around your family commitments. As a result, we aim to have small shared window of core-hours where everyone is available, with flexibility around that to fit around your family.
You’ll have incredible access to opportunities and exciting challenges when you join our fast-growing team. Atomic will support you, enable you and give you amazing opportunities to learn, progress and grow stronger.