Senior Engineer – Native Android SDK — NZ (Remote option)
Join us and help improve how organisations engage with their customers in digital channels. Together we’ll challenge old, broken ideas about customer engagement, and introduce a modern, respectful and highly effective new approach.
Senior Engineer – Native Android SDK
NZ (Remote option)
Our fast-moving cloud business is looking for a senior engineer to contribute to the development of our Android SDK, written in Kotlin. This is an opportunity to make a big impact at an exciting time for our company as we look to scale our local and international customer base. You’ll be part of a small team of experienced and highly-skilled engineers.
You will work within our SDK Team, producing and improving product features in our Native Android SDK.
- Work on new and existing features for our Android SDK, written in Kotlin following modern Android practices
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of new features
- Fix bugs, write tests, automate pain points, and generally contribute to maintaining the high quality of our software and processes
- Help coordinate the testing and release of new SDK versions
- Respond to questions from the business, and our customers, relating to the functionality of our Android SDK.
- Strong experience with Kotlin and Android SDK
- Strong experience using Web Services, REST APIs
- Prior experience with testing frameworks such as Junit and Espresso
- Prior experience with Git or similar tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools
- Excellent communication skills, suitable for a remote role
- A collaborative mindset
- Prior experience with MVVM Architecture & Coroutines;
- Familiarity with JetPack Compose;
- Prior experience customising Gradle scripts;
- Prior experience with Android Library development;
- Prior experience with client-side SDKs, particularly for enterprise customers;
- Prior experience working and communicating in a remote or asynchronous environment.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please email your CV as well as a brief outline of what interests you about the role and working at Atomic to email@example.com. If you’re interested but not quite ready to apply, don’t hesitate to reach out to learn more.
Join a supportive, talented and motivated team.
Our team is in New Zealand, Australia and the US, working with customers around the World. We value the flexibility, independence and life-balance of a remote-first culture, but also support you to work from co-working and dedicated offices when that suits you too.
Family time and commitments are important to us, including the need for your work to fit around your family commitments. As a result, we aim to have small shared window of core-hours where everyone is available, with flexibility around that to fit around your family.
You’ll have incredible access to opportunities and exciting challenges when you join our fast-growing team. Atomic will support you, enable you and give you amazing opportunities to learn, progress and grow stronger.